Mold spores can be found everywhere, both indoors and outdoors, and they are usually invisible to the naked eye. Mold spores enter a building through the air or by attaching to people, pets, objects, etc. Open windows, doorways and ventilation systems are all gateways through which spores can enter.
Unlike mold spores (which are invisible), the mold itself is usually visible and may produce a musty odor. Mold can often be found in areas where leaks and flooding have occurred, and near windows where condensation builds up. Wet cellulose materials are most supportive of mold growth, such as paper, cardboard, ceiling tiles, wood, wallpaper, insulation and upholstery.
Inhaling mold can cause an allergic or toxic reaction or even infection in an otherwise healthy individual, or may just cause vague and minor symptoms such as sinus problems. People who live in an area with a high level of mold are especially vulnerable. And infants, young children, the immune compromised, and the elderly are at an increased risk for experiencing adverse health effects related to mold exposure.
Our Certified Mold Inspectors will be happy to discuss your needs, potential hazards of mold or other indoor quality issues in the Monmouth County NJ area, and give you a no obligation free estimate.
As a Certified Mold Assessment Consultant and member of the Indoor Quality Association (IAQA), we are up-to-date on the latest testing and sampling techniques. Our testing methods include multiple air samples for viable and non-viable mold spores, bulk sampling of suspected mold growth, inferred moisture sampling, source assessment, and basement and crawl space and attic inspection. See more details about how we perform our mold tests.
Find out what makes us different! If you or someone you know suspects they may have mold in their home or place of business in the Monmouth County NJ area (and Ocean, Middlesex and Mercer County), call Master Home & Building Inspectors and Environmental Testing Consultants LLC, LLC at 848-231-3900.